Knit, Me-Shell, Knit!

These are the adventures of a girl gone mad.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas-y.

I have to say that I had not been in the Christmas spirit until Sunday.

(It was a pretty bad year.)

Not having a job is so not helping right now. I really don't understand why I can't find a job. Let me change that: I can find jobs, it's just that they don't seem to want me. Anyway...I know if I keep trying, I'll find something...hopefully sooner than later.


So given the fact that my birthday is so close to Christmas (*cough*december 15th*cough*), it's usually pretty easy to be stoked about the season of giving. Luckily, Kate had us over on Sunday for some holiday crafting. Martha Stewart should know that she has a very devoted following in the group of ladies who convened that day. It was pretty awesome. And I got to tell them the story about how I met "Flick" from my very favorite of all holiday movies "A Christmas Story" the day before at a birthday party. Let's just say that it's not the same watching the movie anymore and leave it at that...if I have the strength, I'll go into detail at a later date.

I met some very nice ladies and we discussed, among many topics, recipes, work (or my lack thereof), men, and a shared loathing of Rachael Ray. It was quite interesting. We also drank lots and lots of eggnog and mulled cider and ate an abundance of Christmas cookies.

So anyway, I am now officially in the mood for Christmas-y happenings. I have to get moving on some crafts, but it makes me feel more in the spirit when I'm making things than if I were just buying them. (Although I do have to buy things also.)

So....on to the crafts...

Here are the cupcakes I knitted for Tammi's birthday (from One Skein) :



The Clapotis my mom made me with Noro Silk Garden:



And just for fun, blogger won't let me post anymore pictures at the moment...isn't that FUN?

So I'll be back to finish later. Hopefully with more pictures as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger CanarySanctuary said...

Ok, here's something freaky: I think the Clapotis your mom made with Silk Garden is the very same colour I made mine with! (I used 47. It reallly looks like her is the same).
Thanks for checking out my blog. I haven't been posting much lately :P
You really should make a Lady E for yourself, they're great!

12/06/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger TheSteph said...

That is a really nice clapotis! I made a thick, chunky scarf out of some Noro and it looks to be the same color, too. I'm not sure if it was Iro or Big Kureyon, but it's very close in color... Details on my blog.

I'm not really on-track for Christmas this year, either. It's not even really that cold where I live... I think that's what it is. Maybe I'll catch on. We'll see.

12/06/2006 10:37 PM  
Blogger Me-Shell said...

canarysanctuary - that's the exact color she used!! I love it!

steph - I know what you mean. The weather was still pretty warm here up until this week. Now that it's dropped about 20 degrees, I'm feeling much better about the holidays.

12/07/2006 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home