Knit, Me-Shell, Knit!

These are the adventures of a girl gone mad.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year.



Birthday/Christmas/New Year.
It always happens so fast. From December 15th on, it's a big blur.
I got a sewing machine for my birthday from The Boy. And he took me to see the Nutcracker at the Academy of Music. And dinner at Tequila's. Fantastic.
Christmas was fantastic as well. I received all kinds of goodies, including a basket for my bike, a mexican cookbook, new boots, a hand mixer, and lots of gift cards. But receiving is not what it's all about for me. I love giving presents. And making them is even more fun:

This is the sweater I made for my dad. I started on December 2nd and finished on the 22nd. I am quite proud. I used the "incredible, custom-fit raglan sweater" pattern from woolworks.com. I can't believe I knitted a sweater in 20 days! I used about 7 or 8 skeins of Rowanspun Chunky on 10 1/2 needles.

I know that my mom has a picture of him wearing it, so once I get it, I'll post. Because it looks so nice on him! He didn't realize I had made it when he first opened it. Once I told him, he couldn't believe it. That night, we were getting ready to head over to my uncle's house for Christmas and my dad came out strutting in his new sweater. Very nice.

Now I'm on a mission to make stuff for myself. With my brand new sewing maching, I'm going to make some pillows for my living room. I still have things I'm knitting/crafting for other people, but I've decided to be selfish for right now. So, I'm going to start and finish a cardigan for myself (probably using the same pattern as my dad's sweater), knit a pair of Monkey socks from Knitty, and a few of those beaded votive holders from Handknit Holidays. Also, I have just discovered that entrelac is not as hard as it looks! I know! I'm as shocked as you are. I would show you my progress, but blogger is a pain in my ass and won't let me. I even deleted one of the pictures of my dad's sweater, and now I can't even put that back! I hate it. I'll try again later, I suppose.

I hope that everyone had a very happy and healthy holiday season. I know I did. Finally! No illnesses. What a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home